What should I expect when I visit?
We believe that church should be an enjoyable and positive experience, so our worship services reflect that belief. It is our desire to provide both comfort in your connection to God, but to also challenge you in the areas where you could become more like Him.
The atmosphere is so inviting and welcoming that most people feel comfortable from the moment they walk in. Since we believe that all people matter to God and to us, we will purposefully include times for you to greet and welcome those around you. This is to encourage relationship building and to remind one another that we are equal and important in God’s eyes.
There is usually a time for you to respond to the challenges of that day’s message, which you may do through a communication form or if you like you may pray with one of our staff leaders. This is a great opportunity to get prayer and comfort for the struggles we all have at times in life.
How should I dress?
Come as you are! Dress ranges from casual to professional. You’ll feel comfortable in shorts or a suit, and what better place to be yourself than before God. Our Pastor usually teaches in Jeans with a button down shirt. Our church is known for its “family” atmosphere, so we have chosen to not carry an official “dress code” which would take away from the focus of the individuals relationship with the Lord.
What do you have for my Children?
We offer childcare for infants to 4 years of age with various activities and lessons. We believe it is important for families to share in the worship experience so for children 5 years and up we encourage them to be a part of this experience. We provide Bible Study related Children’s Bags (color sheets, crayons, etc) for your younger child to enjoy while the service is in progress.
- Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 8:45 am- Worship Service
- 10:00 am – Bible Study Growth Groups for All Ages
- 11:00 am- Worship Service
- 4:00 pm- Women’s Recovery Support
- 4:00 pm- Men’s Recovery Support
- Men’s Fellowship Growth Group- 6:30 pm
- Ladies of ACTS Growth Group- 6:30 pm
Third Tuesday of Every Month
- 11:30 am- Sonshine Fellowship Potluck Luncheon
- 5:30 pm-6:20 pm- Family Meal. The cost is $3 per child or $6 per adult. Call Angel Graves (225-937-4670) to reserve your meal(s) by noon on Monday. All meals will be packaged in to-go boxes if you need to take them home to eat after services.
- 6:30 pm- Club 456 for 4th-6th graders, Adventure Life Youth and Discipleship Bible Study for Adults
- 7:40 pm- Worship Choir Rehearsal
- 5:30 pm- Adventure Life for Youth 7th-12th grade
– Club 456 for 4th-6th graders